Details about John Robert Walter
Access statistics for papers by John Robert Walter.
Last updated 2010-09-16. Update your information in the RePEc Author Service.
Jump to Journal Articles Books
- How large has the federal financial safety net become?
Working Paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond View citations (5)
- The consolidation of financial market regulation: pros, cons, and implications for the United States
Working Paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
- The effect of interest on reserves on monetary policy
Richmond Fed Economic Brief, 2009, (Dec)
- Antitrust analysis in banking: goals, methods, and justifications in a changed environment
Economic Quarterly, 2008, (Win), 45-72 View citations (1)
- Turmoil in the student loan market
Richmond Fed Economic Brief, 2008, (Dec)
- Policy update: Fed to begin paying interest on reserves
Econ Focus, 2007, (Win), 10
- Not your father's credit union
Economic Quarterly, 2006, (Fall), 353-377 View citations (4)
- Opinion: Mixing banking and commerce
Econ Focus, 2006, (Sum), 60
- Policy update: Federal terrorism insurance program renewed
Econ Focus, 2006, (Win), 14
- The 3-6-3 rule: an urban myth?
Economic Quarterly, 2006, (Win), 51-78
- Depression era bank failures: the great contagion of the great shakedown?
Economic Quarterly, 2005, (Win), 39-54 View citations (3)
- Checks enter the electronic age
Econ Focus, 2004, (Win), 4
- Closing troubled banks: how the process works
Economic Quarterly, 2004, (Win), 51-68 View citations (4)
- Banking and commerce: tear down this wall?
Economic Quarterly, 2003, (Spr), 7-31 View citations (1)
- What can price theory say about the Community Reinvestment Act?
Economic Quarterly, 2002, (Spr), 1-27 View citations (1)
- Pooling or purchase: a merger mystery
Economic Quarterly, 1999, (Win), 27-46
- Can a safety net subsidy be contained?
Economic Quarterly, 1998, (Win), 1-20
Economic Quarterly, 1996, (Fall), 15-39
- RAROC AT BANK OF AMERICA: FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 1996, 9, (2), 83-93 View citations (20)
- Keeping SAIF safe
Cross Sections, 1995, (Sum), 10-14
- The fair lending laws and their enforcement
Economic Quarterly, 1995, (Fall), 61-77 View citations (2)
- Were bank examiners too strict with New England and California banks?
Economic Quarterly, 1994, (Fall), 25-47 View citations (3)
- Loan loss reserves
Economic Review, 1991, (Jul), 20-30 View citations (15)
- Fifth district bank performance
Economic Review, 1990, (Jul), 20-30
- Fifth district banks' return on assets: highest in decade
Economic Review, 1989, (May), 16-22
- Monetary aggregates: a user's guide
Economic Review, 1989, (Jan), 20-28 View citations (3)
- Top performing small banks: making money the old-fashioned way
Economic Review, 1989, (Nov), 23-35 View citations (4)
- A review of bank performance in the Fifth District, 1987
Economic Review, 1988, (Jul), 13-18
- The region's BHCs rank high
Cross Sections, 1988, (Spr), 3-4
- A review of bank performance in the Fifth district, 1986
Economic Review, 1987, (Jul), 29-37 View citations (1)
- A review of bank performance in the Fifth District, 1985
Economic Review, 1986, (Jul), 25-33
- Short-term municipal securities
Economic Review, 1986, (Nov), 25-34
See also Book (1998)
- A review of bank performance in the Fifth District, 1984
Economic Review, 1985, (Jul), 12-22
- A review of bank performance in the Fifth District, 1982
Economic Review, 1983, (Jul), 3-11 View citations (1)
- The competition for transaction accounts
Economic Review, 1982, (Mar), 2-20 View citations (1)
- Nonbank activities of Fifth District bank holding companies
Economic Review, 1979, (Nov), 2-9
- LIFO inventory accounting: effects on corporate profits, inventory-sales ratios, and inventory investment
Economic Review, 1978, (Jul), 18-27
- Changes in banking concentration in selected Fifth district SMSAs, 1970-1976
Economic Review, 1977, (Jul), 9-12
- FDIC policy toward bank failures
Economic Review, 1976, (Sep), 3-12
- A valuation approach to bank holding company acquisitions
Economic Review, 1975, (Jul), 9-15 View citations (3)
- Large negotiable certificates of deposit
Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond View citations (3)
- Short-term municipal securities
Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
See also Journal Article in Economic Review (1986)
The links between different versions of a paper are constructed automatically by matching on the titles.
Please contact if a link is incorrect.
Use this form
to add links between versions where the titles do not match.