Details about Gary D. Ferrier
Access statistics for papers by Gary D. Ferrier.
Update your information in the RePEc Author Service.
Jump to Journal Articles Chapters Software Items
- Performance measures for hierarchical organizations: Frontier analysis as a decision support tool
Working Papers, IESEG School of Management
- The Size and Service Offering Efficiencies of U.S. Hospitals
Working Papers, IESEG School of Management
- Mutual Funds and Institutional Investments: What is the Most Efficient Way to Set Up Individual Accounts in a Social Security System?
NBER Working Papers, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc View citations (5)
Also in Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank (1999) View citations (5)
See also Chapter (2000)
- The informativeness of stochastic frontier and programming frontier efficiency scores: Cost efficiency and other measures of bank holding company performance
Working Paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta View citations (23)
- Can We Bootstrap DEA Scores?
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series, The University of Melbourne View citations (3)
- Consistency conditions for regulatory analysis of financial institutions: a comparison of frontier efficiency methods
Finance and Economics Discussion Series, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) View citations (22)
Also in Financial Services working paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (1997) View citations (5)
See also Journal Article in Journal of Economics and Business (1998)
- Scale economies, cost efficiencies, and technological change in Federal Reserve payments
Financial Services working paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
- Radial and Nonradial Technical Efficiency Measures on DEA Reference Technology: A Comparison Using US Banking Data
Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain), Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES) View citations (10)
Also in CORE Discussion Papers, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) (1994) View citations (17)
- The impact of CON regulation on hospital efficiency
Health Care Management Science, 2010, 13, (1), 84-100 View citations (1)
- Hospital capacity in large urban areas: is there enough in times of need?
Journal of Productivity Analysis, 2009, 32, (2), 103-117
- Analysis of uncompensated hospital care using a DEA model of output congestion
Health Care Management Science, 2006, 9, (2), 181-188 View citations (8)
- The economic benefit of goal congruence and implications for management control systems
Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 2006, 25, (3), 265-298 View citations (1)
- Comparing French and US hospital technologies: a directional input distance function approach
Applied Economics, 2004, 36, (10), 1065-1081 View citations (5)
- Consistency Conditions for Regulatory Analysis of Financial Institutions: A Comparison of Frontier Efficiency Methods
Journal of Economics and Business, 1998, 50, (2), 85-114 View citations (127)
See also Working Paper (1997)
- Static and Dynamic Productivity among Yugoslav Enterprises: Components and Correlates
Journal of Comparative Economics, 1998, 26, (4), 805-821 View citations (5)
- The choice of a technical efficiency measure on the free disposal hull reference technology: A comparison using US banking data
European Journal of Operational Research, 1998, 105, (3), 427-446 View citations (6)
- The efficiency of TVA power distributors
Managerial and Decision Economics, 1998, 19, (6), 365-376 View citations (3)
- Best-practice technology in an adverse environment: The case of Indian sugar, 1981-1986
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 1996, 29, (3), 493-522 View citations (1)
- Scale Economies, Cost Efficiencies, and Technological Change in Federal Reserve Payments Processing
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 1996, 28, (4), 1004-39 View citations (16)
Also in Proceedings, 1996, 1004-1044 (1996) View citations (25)
- A Switching Frontier Model for Imperfect Sample Separation Information: With an Application to Constrained Labor Supply
International Economic Review, 1995, 36, (2), 503-29 View citations (10)
- Organizational Form and Efficiency: Evidence from Indian Sugar Manufacturing
Journal of Comparative Economics, 1995, 21, (1), 29-53 View citations (1)
- The technical efficiency of vacuum-pan sugar industry of India: An application of a stochastic frontier production function using panel data
European Journal of Operational Research, 1995, 80, (3), 639-653 View citations (8)
- Global optimization of statistical functions with simulated annealing
Journal of Econometrics, 1994, 60, (1-2), 65-99 View citations (172)
- Discussants' comments on Pi and Timme, Grabowski et al. and Fare and Primont
Journal of Banking & Finance, 1993, 17, (2-3), 545-549
- Economies of diversification in the banking industry: A frontier approach
Journal of Monetary Economics, 1993, 31, (2), 229-249 View citations (33)
- Climate Control Efficiency
The Energy Journal, 1992, Volume 13, (Number 1), 37-54 View citations (3)
- Simulated Annealing: An Initial Application in Econometrics
Computer Science in Economics & Management, 1992, 5, (2), 133-46 View citations (7)
- THE PRODUCTIVE EFFICIENCY OF US MILK PROCESSING CO-OPERATIVES
Journal of Agricultural Economics, 1991, 42, (2), 161-173 View citations (10)
- Measuring cost efficiency in banking: Econometric and linear programming evidence
Journal of Econometrics, 1990, 46, (1-2), 229-245 View citations (196)
- Mutual Funds and Institutional Investments -- What Is the Most Efficient Way to Set Up Individual Accounts in a Social Security System?
A chapter in Administrative Aspects of Investment-Based Social Security Reform, 2000, pp 77-136 View citations (1)
See also Working Paper (1999)
- SIMANN: FORTRAN module to perform Global Optimization of Statistical Functions with Simulated Annealing
Computational Economics Software Archive, Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Programme to "Global Optimization of Statistical Functions with Simulated Annealing"
The links between different versions of a paper are constructed automatically by matching on the titles.
Please contact if a link is incorrect.
Use this form
to add links between versions where the titles do not match.