Details about David A. Carter
Access statistics for papers by David A. Carter.
Last updated 2017-11-07. Update your information in the RePEc Author Service.
Jump to Journal Articles Chapters
- The derivatives activities of U.S. commercial banks
Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago View citations (2)
- The market’s reaction to unexpected, catastrophic events: The case of oil and gas stock returns and the Gulf oil spill
Journal of Risk Finance, 2016, 17, (1), 2-25
- Does Operational and Financial Hedging Reduce Exposure? Evidence from the U.S. Airline Industry
The Financial Review, 2014, 49, (1), 149-172 View citations (11)
- Exposure, hedging, and value: New evidence from the U.S. airline industry
International Review of Financial Analysis, 2014, 34, (C), 200-211 View citations (10)
- The Ex‐Day Price Behavior of REITs: Taxes or Ticks?
Real Estate Economics, 2010, 38, (4), 733-752
- MANAGERIAL INCENTIVES AND THE USE OF FOREIGN‐EXCHANGE DERIVATIVES BY BANKS
Journal of Financial Research, 2007, 30, (3), 399-413 View citations (16)
- Does Hedging Affect Firm Value? Evidence from the US Airline Industry
Financial Management, 2006, 35, (1), 53-86 View citations (100)
Also in Financial Management, 2006, 35, (1) (2006) View citations (98)
- Hedging and Value in the U.S. Airline Industry
Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 2006, 18, (4), 21-33 View citations (10)
- Deregulation, technological change, and the business-lending performance of large and small banks
Journal of Banking & Finance, 2005, 29, (5), 1113-1130 View citations (32)
- Exchange rates, and fundamental variables: a semi-parametric analysis of binary choice
Applied Economics, 2005, 37, (16), 1915-1924
- Do Small Banks have an Advantage in Lending? An Examination of Risk-Adjusted Yields on Business Loans at Large and Small Banks
Journal of Financial Services Research, 2004, 25, (2), 233-252 View citations (25)
- The market's reaction to unexpected, catastrophic events: the case of airline stock returns and the September 11th attacks
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2004, 44, (4), 539-558 View citations (31)
- Corporate Governance, Board Diversity, and Firm Value
The Financial Review, 2003, 38, (1), 33-53 View citations (317)
- Evidence on the financial characteristics of banks that do and do not use derivatives
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2000, 40, (4), 431-449 View citations (17)
- The reaction of bank stock prices to news of derivatives losses by corporate clients
Journal of Banking & Finance, 1999, 23, (12), 1725-1743 View citations (6)
- The Use of Interest Rate Derivatives by End-users: The Case of Large Community Banks
Journal of Financial Services Research, 1998, 14, (1), 17-34 View citations (23)
- Does hedging reduce economic exposure? Hurricanes, jet fuel prices and airlines
Chapter 14 in Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Finance, 2013, pp 341-354 View citations (1)
The links between different versions of a paper are constructed automatically by matching on the titles.
Please contact if a link is incorrect.
Use this form
to add links between versions where the titles do not match.