Details about Mike Morris
Access statistics for papers by Mike Morris.
Last updated 2020-02-11. Update your information in the RePEc Author Service.
Jump to Journal Articles Chapters
- Spreading the gains?: Prospects and policies for the development of regional value chains in Southern Africa
WIDER Working Paper Series, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) View citations (1)
- Regionalism, end markets and ownership matter: Shifting dynamics in the apparel export industry in Sub Saharan Africa
Working Papers, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research
- Local embeddedness and economic and social upgrading in Madagascar's export apparel industry
Working Papers, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research View citations (2)
Also in Global Development Institute Working Paper Series, GDI, The University of Manchester (2013) View citations (4)
- Local embeddedness, upgrading and skill development: global value chains and foreign direct investment in Lesotho’s apparel industry
Global Development Institute Working Paper Series, GDI, The University of Manchester View citations (8)
Also in Working Papers, Österreichische Forschungsstiftung für Internationale Entwicklung (ÖFSE) / Austrian Foundation for Development Research (2012) View citations (4)
- Industrial upgrading and development in Lesotho’s apparel industry: global value chains, foreign direct investment, and market diversification
Oxford Development Studies, 2017, 45, (3), 303-320 View citations (4)
- Thinning and Thickening: Productive Sector Policies in The Era of Global Value Chains
The European Journal of Development Research, 2016, 28, (4), 625-645 View citations (16)
- Industrialization Trajectories in Madagascar’s Export Apparel Industry: Ownership, Embeddedness, Markets, and Upgrading
World Development, 2014, 56, (C), 243-257 View citations (11)
- Value Chain Dynamics of Chinese Copper Mining in Zambia: Enclave or Linkage Development&quest
The European Journal of Development Research, 2013, 25, (4), 537-556 View citations (12)
- “One thing leads to another”—Commodities, linkages and industrial development
Resources Policy, 2012, 37, (4), 408-416 View citations (26)
- Value chain dynamics, local embeddedness, and upgrading in the clothing sectors of Lesotho and Swaziland
International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, 2011, 4, (1/2/3), 96-119 View citations (12)
- Chinese FDI in Sub-Saharan Africa: Engaging with Large Dragons
The European Journal of Development Research, 2009, 21, (4), 551-569 View citations (64)
- The Asian Drivers and SSA: Is There a Future for Export‐oriented African Industrialisation?
The World Economy, 2009, 32, (11), 1638-1655 View citations (11)
- Do the Asian Drivers Undermine Export-oriented Industrialization in SSA
World Development, 2008, 36, (2), 254-273 View citations (48)
- Staying alive in the global automotive industry: what can developing economies learn from South Africa about linking into global automotive value chains?
The European Journal of Development Research, 2008, 20, (1), 31-55 View citations (11)
- Value chain analysis: a tool for enhancing export supply policies
International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, 2008, 1, (3), 283-308 View citations (4)
- Does e-commerce fulfil its promise for developing country (South African) garment export producers?
Oxford Development Studies, 2004, 32, (2), 155-178 View citations (2)
- The German connection: shifting hegemony in the political economy of the South African automotive industry
Industrial and Corporate Change, 2004, 13, (5), 789-814 View citations (3)
- The Globalization of Product Markets and Immiserizing Growth: Lessons From the South African Furniture Industry
World Development, 2002, 30, (7), 1159-1177 View citations (27)
- Trade Policy Reform and the Competitive Response in Kwazulu Natal Province, South Africa
World Development, 1999, 27, (4), 717-737 View citations (8)
- KwaZulu-Natal's rural institutional environment: Its impact on local service delivery
Development Southern Africa, 1997, 14, (2), 185-209 View citations (1)
- Telecommunication needs and provision to underdeveloped black areas in South Africa
Telecommunications Policy, 17, (7), 529-539
- Industrialization paths and industrial policy for developing countries in global value chains
Chapter 31 in Handbook on Global Value Chains, 2019, pp 506-520
The links between different versions of a paper are constructed automatically by matching on the titles.
Please contact if a link is incorrect.
Use this form
to add links between versions where the titles do not match.