Details about Jaren C. Pope
Access statistics for papers by Jaren C. Pope.
Last updated 2016-10-06. Update your information in the RePEc Author Service.
Jump to Journal Articles Chapters
- Contemporary State Policies and Intergenerational Income Mobility
NBER Working Papers, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc
- Failure to Refinance
NBER Working Papers, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc View citations (7)
- Projection Bias in the Car and Housing Markets
NBER Working Papers, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc View citations (3)
- Quasi-Experiments and Hedonic Property Value Methods
Working Papers, University of Miami, Department of Economics View citations (9)
See also Chapter (2013)
- When Walmart Comes to Town: Always Low Housing Prices? Always?
NBER Working Papers, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc View citations (5)
See also Journal Article in Journal of Urban Economics (2015)
- HEDONIC PRICE FUNCTIONS: GUIDANCE ON EMPIRICAL SPECIFICATION
2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association) View citations (2)
- Does the housing market value energy efficient homes? Evidence from the energy star program
Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2016, 57, (C), 63-76 View citations (8)
- Focal points and bargaining in housing markets
Games and Economic Behavior, 2015, 93, (C), 89-107 View citations (5)
- The Psychological Effect of Weather on Car Purchases
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 2015, 130, (1), 371-414 View citations (13)
- When Walmart comes to town: Always low housing prices? Always?
Journal of Urban Economics, 2015, 87, (C), 1-13 View citations (10)
See also Working Paper (2012)
- DO “CAPITALIZATION EFFECTS” FOR PUBLIC GOODS REVEAL THE PUBLIC'S WILLINGNESS TO PAY?
International Economic Review, 2014, 55, 1227-1250 View citations (39)
- Understanding College Application Decisions
Journal of Sports Economics, 2014, 15, (2), 107-131 View citations (2)
- The Value of Residential Land and Structures during the Great Housing Boom and Bust
Land Economics, 2013, 89, (1), 1-29 View citations (16)
- What can we learn from benefit transfer errors? Evidence from 20 years of research on convergent validity
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2013, 66, (1), 90-104 View citations (33)
- A novel approach to identifying hedonic demand parameters
Economics Letters, 2012, 116, (3), 374-376 View citations (4)
- Are homes hot or cold potatoes? The distribution of marketing time in the housing market
Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2012, 42, (1-2), 189-197 View citations (14)
- Crime and property values: Evidence from the 1990s crime drop
Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2012, 42, (1-2), 177-188 View citations (12)
- The Benefit-Transfer Challenges
Annual Review of Resource Economics, 2010, 2, (1), 161-182 View citations (14)
- Which hedonic models can we trust to recover the marginal willingness to pay for environmental amenities?
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2010, 60, (3), 145-160 View citations (126)
- Necessary Conditions for Valid Benefit Transfers
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 2009, 91, (5), 1328-1334 View citations (10)
- The Impact of College Sports Success on the Quantity and Quality of Student Applications
Southern Economic Journal, 2009, 75, (3), 750–780 View citations (28)
- Buyer information and the hedonic: The impact of a seller disclosure on the implicit price for airport noise
Journal of Urban Economics, 2008, 63, (2), 498-516 View citations (70)
- Do Seller Disclosures Affect Property Values? Buyer Information and the Hedonic Model
Land Economics, 2008, 84, (4), 551-572 View citations (29)
- Fear of crime and housing prices: Household reactions to sex offender registries
Journal of Urban Economics, 2008, 64, (3), 601-614 View citations (66)
- Integrating Property Value and Local Recreation Models to Value Ecosystem Services in Urban Watersheds
Land Economics, 2008, 84, (3), 361-381 View citations (18)
- Adjusting to natural disasters
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, 2006, 33, (1), 37-54 View citations (28)
- Quasi-experiments and hedonic property value methods
Chapter 1 in Handbook on Experimental Economics and the Environment, 2013, pp 3-66 View citations (12)
See also Working Paper (2012)
The links between different versions of a paper are constructed automatically by matching on the titles.
Please contact if a link is incorrect.
Use this form
to add links between versions where the titles do not match.