Details about Kenneth Spong
Access statistics for papers by Kenneth Spong.
Last updated 2013-06-14. Update your information in the RePEc Author Service.
Jump to Journal Articles Books Chapters
- Promoting Wealth Building through Homeownership
NFI Working Papers, Indiana State University, Scott College of Business, Networks Financial Institute
- What can financial stability reports tell us about macroprudential supervision?
Research Working Paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City View citations (4)
- Who's minding the store? motivating and monitoring hired managers at small, closely held firms: the case of commercial banks
Working Paper Series, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago View citations (3)
- Narrow Banks: An Alternative Approach to Banking Reform
Economics Working Paper Archive, Levy Economics Institute View citations (5)
- Kansas banking in the 1930s: the deposit insurance choice and implications for public policy
Economic Review, 2012, 97, (Q III)
- Tax Incentives for Homeownership and the Provision of Local Public Services
Public Finance Review, 2012, 40, (1), 116-144 View citations (2)
- Financial stability reports: how useful during a financial crisis?
Economic Review, 2010, 95, (Q I), 41-70 View citations (9)
- Master plan: banks can learn from Greensburg's recovery
TEN, 2008, (Fall), 9-15
- Home financing in Kansas City and its contribution to low and moderate income neighborhood development
Financial Industry Perspectives, 2007, (Feb) View citations (1)
- Industrial loan companies: a growing industry sparks a public policy debate
Economic Review, 2007, 92, (Q IV), 41-71
- Manager wealth concentration, ownership structure, and risk in commercial banks
Journal of Financial Intermediation, 2007, 16, (2), 229-248 View citations (33)
- The changing banking structure: what expansion strategies are community banks adopting?
Financial Industry Perspectives, 2007, (Aug)
- Home financing for low- and moderate-income borrowers: what are the trends in Denver?
Financial Industry Perspectives, 2005, (Oct)
- House and home: the surge in Denver’s low and moderate-income mortgage lending
TEN, 2005, (Fall), 26-31
- Community bank performance in slower growing markets: finding sound strategies for success
Financial Industry Perspectives, 2003, (Oct), 15-30 View citations (3)
- Low and moderate-income home financing: what are the trends in Kansas City?
Financial Industry Perspectives, 2003, (Oct), 1-14
- The decline in core deposits: what can banks do?
Financial Industry Perspectives, 2001, (Dec), 35-48 View citations (6)
- Who's minding the store? Motivating and monitoring hired managers at small, closely held commercial banks
Journal of Banking & Finance, 2001, 25, (7), 1209-1243 View citations (32)
- The outlook for the U.S. banking industry: what does the experience of the 1980s and 1990s tell us?
Economic Review, 1999, 84, (Q IV), 65-83 View citations (1)
- How does ownership structure and manager wealth influence risk?: a look at ownership structure, manager wealth, and risk in commercial banks
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1998, (Dec), 15-40
- Small business lending by commercial banks in Colorado: 1994 to 1996
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1998, (May), 17-33
- The changing structure of banking: a look at traditional and new ways of delivering banking services
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1998, (May), 1-16 View citations (1)
- Successful strategies in interstate bank acquisitions
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1995, (Dec), 21-37 View citations (1)
- What makes a bank efficient?: a look at financial characteristics and management and ownership structure
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1995, (Dec), 1-19 View citations (35)
- Performance of banks acquired on an interstate basis
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1992, (Dec), 15-32 View citations (6)
- The relationship between loan classifications and losses: the effects of a changing economy
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1992, (Dec), 1-14
- Interstate bank expansion: a comparison across individual states
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1990, 1-23
- Assistance for problem banks
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1988, 12-23
- The death of a bank: assuring an orderly transition
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1988, 24-33
- Interstate banking - what are the competitive effects?
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1985, 8-19
- Bank profits in a changing environment
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1984, 11-21
- One-bank holding company debt: regulatory policy and experience
Financial Industry Perspectives, 1984, 1-10
- Bank examination classifications and loan risk
Economic Review, 1979, 64, (Jun), 15-25 View citations (2)
- Banking regulation: its purposes, implementation, and effects
Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City View citations (55)
Also in Monograph, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City (1994) View citations (15)
- Bank Ownership and Risk Taking: Improving Corporate Governance in Banking after the Crisis
Chapter 7 in Research Handbook on International Banking and Governance, 2012 View citations (1)
- The Kansas City Plan
Chapter 10 in Ending Government Bailouts As We Know Them, 2010
- Corporate Governance and Bank Performance
Chapter 3 in Corporate Governance in Banking, 2007 View citations (7)
- The US financial sector: regulatory issues
Chapter 5 in Alliance Capitalism for the New American Economy, 2003
The links between different versions of a paper are constructed automatically by matching on the titles.
Please contact if a link is incorrect.
Use this form
to add links between versions where the titles do not match.