EconPapers    
Economics at your fingertips  
 

A Systematic Review on Flood Early Warning and Response System (FEWRS): A Deep Review and Analysis

Waleed A. Hammood (), Ruzaini Abdullah Arshah (), Salwana Mohamad Asmara (), Hussam Al Halbusi (), Omar A. Hammood () and Salem Al Abri ()
Additional contact information
Waleed A. Hammood: Faculty of Computing, College of Computing and Applied Sciences, University Malaysia Pahang, Lebuhraya, Tun Razak, Gambang 26300, Pahang, Malaysia
Ruzaini Abdullah Arshah: Faculty of Computing, College of Computing and Applied Sciences, University Malaysia Pahang, Lebuhraya, Tun Razak, Gambang 26300, Pahang, Malaysia
Salwana Mohamad Asmara: Faculty of Computing, College of Computing and Applied Sciences, University Malaysia Pahang, Lebuhraya, Tun Razak, Gambang 26300, Pahang, Malaysia
Hussam Al Halbusi: Department of Management, College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University, P.O. Box 20, Al Khoud 123, Oman
Omar A. Hammood: Faculty of Computing, College of Computing and Applied Sciences, University Malaysia Pahang, Lebuhraya, Tun Razak, Gambang 26300, Pahang, Malaysia
Salem Al Abri: Department of Management, College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University, P.O. Box 20, Al Khoud 123, Oman

Sustainability, 2021, vol. 13, issue 1, 1-24

Abstract: Flood is the major natural hazard in Malaysia in terms of populations affected, area extent, frequency, social–economic damage, and flood duration. This shows the importance of providing comprehensive and effective flood mitigation management, which requires government agencies to enhance their employment performance that involves technological innovation. A flood early warning and response system (FEWRS) is essential to ensure that all stakeholders receive the right information and are provided with necessary actions and response information to avoid loss of lives and property. It should have some effective usability features and success components of its strategic information access and display; existing FEWRS fail and often do not effectively provide information on flood disasters to reduce their impacts at a local level to save the population’s lives. The measurement of information system (IS) success remains a top concern for researchers, managers, and practitioners. Therefore, this study seeks to provide a systematic overview of the most successful model of employment-related technical advancement for the management of flood disasters to improve its employees’ performance. In addition, examined factors that affect the successful implementation of flood management approaches, based on a systematic literature review among IS, show interrelationship of success factors. Findings from the literature suggest that the DeLone and McLean (D&M) model is the most widely employed model, recorded in 28 studies (39%). Further description of the 28 studies indicates that the D&M was either adopted alone or integrated with other theories. Moreover, results suggest the D&M is has been applied alone 39% of the time and has been extended 29% of the time; in total, 68% of the time, D&M has been applied either alone or extended in the information system domain. Additionally, 22% of the time it has been integrated with other theories.

Keywords: information systems success; flood management; flood mitigation; flood early warning and response system success (search for similar items in EconPapers)
JEL-codes: O13 Q Q0 Q2 Q3 Q5 Q56 (search for similar items in EconPapers)
Date: 2021
References: View references in EconPapers View complete reference list from CitEc
Citations: View citations in EconPapers (1) Track citations by RSS feed

Downloads: (external link)
https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/13/1/440/pdf (application/pdf)
https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/13/1/440/ (text/html)

Related works:
This item may be available elsewhere in EconPapers: Search for items with the same title.

Export reference: BibTeX RIS (EndNote, ProCite, RefMan) HTML/Text

Persistent link: https://EconPapers.repec.org/RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:13:y:2021:i:1:p:440-:d:475267

Access Statistics for this article

Sustainability is currently edited by Mr. Samuel Li

More articles in Sustainability from MDPI
Bibliographic data for series maintained by MDPI Indexing Manager ().

 
Page updated 2023-01-17
Handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:13:y:2021:i:1:p:440-:d:475267