EconPapers    
Economics at your fingertips  
 

The Influence of Crude Oil Price, Consumer Confidence, Exchange Rate and GDP Growth Rate Toward Sales Number of PT. Toyota Astra Motor, Indonesia

Liviana Tio and Purwanto
Additional contact information
Liviana Tio: Management Study Program, President University, Bekasi, Indonesia
Purwanto: Faculty of Economic and Business, Padjajaran University, Bandung, Indonesia

Noble International Journal of Business and Management Research, 2017, vol. 1, issue 1, 49-54

Abstract: Automotive industry has become one of the most contributing industries to an economy, including Indonesia. Therefore, factors affecting it are carefully being identified. In this quantitative study, the researcher would like to analyze the influence of several economic factors. There are crude oil price, consumer confidence, exchange rate and gros domestic bruto (GDP) growth rate toward sales number of automotive industry. In this study, the researcher uses case study of PT. Toyota Astra Motor (PT. TAM) as representative from Indonesia’s automotive industries. The total observation is 84 observations, derived from 7 years on monthly basis. This research uses multiple regression analysis to analyze the influence. The result of this study is that crude oil price, consumer confidence, exchange rate and GDP growth rate have positive significant influence toward sales number altogether. The most significant factor is exchange rate. All of the factors are found out to influence sales number by 78.8% while other remaining 21.2% of sales number is influenced by other factors outside the regression model.

Keywords: Crude Oil; Consumer Confidence; Exchange Rate; GDP; Sales Number (search for similar items in EconPapers)
Date: 2017
References: View references in EconPapers View complete reference list from CitEc
Citations: Track citations by RSS feed

Downloads: (external link)
http://www.napublisher.org/pdf-files/NIJBMR-460-49-54.pdf (application/pdf)
http://www.napublisher.org/?ic=journal&journal=8&month=01-2017&issue=1&volume=1 (text/html)

Related works:
This item may be available elsewhere in EconPapers: Search for items with the same title.

Export reference: BibTeX RIS (EndNote, ProCite, RefMan) HTML/Text

Persistent link: https://EconPapers.repec.org/RePEc:nap:nijbmr:2017:p:49-54

Access Statistics for this article

Noble International Journal of Business and Management Research is currently edited by Dr. Pratap Chandra Mandal

More articles in Noble International Journal of Business and Management Research from Noble Academic Publsiher Flat 290 B N Block Model Town, Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan.
Bibliographic data for series maintained by Managing Editor ().

 
Page updated 2020-02-19
Handle: RePEc:nap:nijbmr:2017:p:49-54