The First Great Recession of the 21st Century
Edited by Óscar Dejuán,
Eladio Febrero and
Maria Cristina Marcuzzo ()
in Books from Edward Elgar Publishing
The 2008–10 financial crisis and the global recession it created is a complex phenomenon that warrants detailed examination. The various essays in this book utilise several alternative paradigms to provide a plausible explanation and a credible cure. Great detail is given to this important analysis from different theoretical perspectives, presenting a clearer understanding of what went wrong and expounding misinterpretations of current theories and practices.
Keywords: Economics and Finance (search for similar items in EconPapers)
JEL-codes: B0 (search for similar items in EconPapers)
References: View references in EconPapers View complete reference list from CitEc
Citations: View citations in EconPapers (1) Track citations by RSS feed
Downloads: (external link)
Chapters in this book:
- Ch 1 Who Predicted the Crisis and What Can We Learn from Them?
- Dirk J. Bezemer
- Ch 2 A Brief Note on Economic Recessions, Banking Reform and the Future of Capitalism
- Jesús Huerta de Soto
- Ch 3 Understanding Crisis: On the Meaning of Uncertainty and Probability
- Ekaterina Svetlova and Matthias Fiedler
- Ch 4 Financial Crisis and Risk Measurement: The Historical Perspective and a New Methodology
- Gumersindo Ruiz and Ramón Trías
- Ch 5 Did Economic Analysis Fail in the Current Financial Crisis?
- Julio Segura
- Ch 6 Does the Current Global Crisis Remind us of the Great Depression?
- Sunanda Sen
- Ch 7 Innovation, Growth, Cycles and Finance: Three (or Four or More) Stories from the 1930s and their Lessons
- Catherine P. Winnett and Adrian B. Winnett
- Ch 8 Epic Recession and Economic Theory
- Jack Rasmus
- Ch 9 Did Asset Prices Cause the Current Crisis?
- Edith Skriner
- Ch 10 The Role of the History of Economic Thought in the Development of Economic Theory and Policy
- Steven Kates
- Ch 11 Testimony to the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission by Alan Greenspan
- Ch 12 Long-term Depression and New Markets: Economists and the 2008 Recession
- Davide Gualerzi
- Ch 13 Manifestations of the Global Crisis in a Small Open Economy
- Ivars Brivers
- Ch 14 The Aftermath of a Long Decade of Real Nil Interest Rates (Spain 1996–2008)
- Óscar Dejuán and Eladio Febrero
This item may be available elsewhere in EconPapers: Search for items with the same title.
Export reference: BibTeX
RIS (EndNote, ProCite, RefMan)
Persistent link: https://EconPapers.repec.org/RePEc:elg:eebook:14193
Ordering information: This item can be ordered from
Access Statistics for this book
More books in Books from Edward Elgar Publishing
Bibliographic data for series maintained by Darrel McCalla ().