Global Warming - Causes, Impacts and Remedies
Edited by Bharat Raj Singh
in Books from IntechOpen
Global warming has become perhaps the most complicated issue facing world leaders. It is becoming clear that humans have caused most of the past century's warming by releasing heat-trapping gases as we power our modern lives mainly by the burning of fossil fuels and forests. Whatever the uncertainties of climate models are, mankind has to strive very fast toward reduction in the huge amount of greenhouse gases emitted into the atmosphere in order to preserve natural resources and living organisms by introducing new advances on alternative fuels and other related technologies. This book presents the state-of-the-science fundamentals on the origin of Global Warming. The aim of the book is to create awareness among the energy engineers, academicians, researchers, industry personnel and society as a whole to help to stop the impact of climate change. In this book, chapters received from various authors are placed in three sub- sections - Causes of Global Warming, Impacts / Threats / Consequences of Global Warming and Remedies to the Global Warming.
JEL-codes: Q54 (search for similar items in EconPapers)
References: Add references at CitEc
Citations: Track citations by RSS feed
Downloads: (external link)
Book downloadable chapter-by-chapter
Chapters in this book:
- A Study of Various Aspects of Cement Chemistry and Industry Relevant to Global Warming and the Low Carbon and Low Energy Molten Salt Synthesis of Cement Compounds
- Georgios Photiadis
- A Study on Assessment of Power Output by Integrating Wind Turbine and Photovoltaic Energy Sources with Futuristic Smart Buildings
- Akira Nishimura
- A Study on Economic Impact on the European Sardine Fishery due to Continued Global Warming
- M. Dolores Garza-Gil, Manuel M. Varela-Lafuente, Gonzalo Caballero-Miguez and Julia Torralba-Cano
- Dire Consequences on Little Shifting of the Earth's Spinning Angle - An Investigation Whether Polar Ice Shrinkage may be the Cause?
- Bharat Raj Singh and Onkar Singh
- Influence of Climate Change on Weed Vegetation
- Vytautas Pilipavicius
- Influence of Greenhouse Gases to Global Warming on Account of Radiative Forcing
- Akira Tomizuka
- Investigating the Relative Roles of the Degradation of Land and Global Warming in Amazonia
- Sergio Henrique Franchito
- Study of Impacts on Continuous Shrinkage of Arctic Sea & Sea Level Rise - Can Glaciers be Growing and Creating New Challenges to UK & USA?
- Onkar Singh and Bharat Raj Singh
This item may be available elsewhere in EconPapers: Search for items with the same title.
Export reference: BibTeX
RIS (EndNote, ProCite, RefMan)
Persistent link: https://EconPapers.repec.org/RePEc:ito:pbooks:3596
Access Statistics for this book
More books in Books from IntechOpen
Bibliographic data for series maintained by Slobodan Momcilovic ().