Crucial Agricultural Policy:Analysis of Key Threats to Food Security
Edited by Ray Trewin
in World Scientific Books from World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.
Following recent price spikes, food policy will continue to be of crucial concern to developing countries for the foreseeable future. Governments are trying to manage their food issues, but would need critical economic policy analysis to do so appropriately. The aim of this invaluable book is to present economy-wide but detailed information that will facilitate state-of-the-art economic agricultural policy analysis in the light of future threats, and stimulate the formation of better policies for Indonesia's, Vietnam's as well as other countries' longer-term visions of food security, productivity and social welfare. The scope of the book is comprehensive, analysing a range of key food security issues (self-sufficiency, stocks and industry development), policies and futures, with unified presentation of several key and captivating commodity case-studies (rice, livestock and dairy). This is achieved through state-of-the-art evidence-based economic policy analysis, drawing at times on a mix of Asian countries' relevant experiences and hence having broader relevance.
Keywords: Food Security Threats; Evidence-Based Agricultural Policy Analysis; Asian Economies (search for similar items in EconPapers)
JEL-codes: O13 (search for similar items in EconPapers)
References: Add references at CitEc
Citations: Track citations by RSS feed
Downloads: (external link)
Ebook Access is only available upon purchase of title/chapter from Publisher's website
Chapters in this book:
- Ch 1 Crucial Food Security Analysis in Brief , pp 1-9
- Ray Trewin
- Ch 2 Growth in Emerging Economies and Food Security by 2030 , pp 11-37
- Kym Anderson and Anna Strutt
- Ch 3 Regional Rice Stocks, Prices, Trade and Food Security: Implications for ASEAN , pp 39-79
- Nur Rakhman Setyoko, Ray Trewin and David Vanzetti
- Ch 4 Indonesian Livestock Policy: Lessons for Self-Sufficiency , pp 81-114
- Risti Permani, Nur Rakhman Setyoko, Ray Trewin and David Vanzetti
- Ch 5 Drink More Milk: Policies Supporting the Indonesian Dairy Industry , pp 115-134
- David Vanzetti, Rina Oktaviani and Nur Rakhman Setyoko
- Ch 6 Rice Production and Food Security in ASEAN: Time for a Change , pp 135-169
- David Vanzetti and Dung Pham
- Ch 7 Safe Food Trade, and the Roles of Governments and Markets: The Case of Vietnam Pork Trade , pp 171-204
- Ray Trewin, David Vanzetti and Tran Cong Thang
- Ch 8 Agricultural Labour Productivity and Poverty: An Indonesian Case-Study , pp 205-233
- Joe Dewbre
- Ch 9 Policy Design and Industry Development Plans: Dairy Industry Experiences in Asia and Australia , pp 235-271
- David Harris
This item may be available elsewhere in EconPapers: Search for items with the same title.
Export reference: BibTeX
RIS (EndNote, ProCite, RefMan)
Persistent link: https://EconPapers.repec.org/RePEc:wsi:wsbook:9639
Ordering information: This item can be ordered from
Access Statistics for this book
More books in World Scientific Books from World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.
Bibliographic data for series maintained by Tai Tone Lim ().