Institutional Change and China Capitalism:Frontier of Cliometrics and its Application to China
Edited by Antoine Le Riche,
Antoine Parent and
in World Scientific Books from World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.
This edited volume is based on original essays first presented at seminars in complexity economics, Sichuan University, China, in November 2018 and May 2019, and at the 12th International Conference on the Chinese Economy, University of Clermont-Ferrand, France, in October 2019. It also includes three contributions written especially for this volume. This research benefited from three French grants "Hubert Curien Research Fellowship" (Program Campus France 2019, 2020, 2021). All chapters assess the recent take-off of the Chinese economy from a historical perspective, enlarging the economic evidence that China's capitalism is a matter of institutional revolution.
Keywords: China; Macroeconomics; Cliometrics; Institutional Economics; Complexity; Economics; International Trade; Applied Econometrics; Econometrics; Empirical Finance; Behavioral Finance; Economic History; Sociology; Gender Studies (search for similar items in EconPapers)
JEL-codes: B1 B2 F10 F15 F4 N15 O11 P1 (search for similar items in EconPapers)
References: Add references at CitEc
Citations: View citations in EconPapers (1) Track citations by RSS feed
Downloads: (external link)
Ebook Access is available upon purchase
Chapters in this book:
- Ch 2 Have Unequal Treaties Fostered Domestic Market Integration in Late Imperial China? , pp 3-29
- Jean-Louis Combes, Mary-Françoise Renard and Shuo Shi
- Ch 3 The Decline of China’s Intraregional Market Integration in the Qing Dynasty , pp 31-51
- Chuantao Cui, Xiao Yang and Hui Xiong
- Ch 4 China’s Regional Convergence and Policy: A View from Regional Science , pp 53-87
- Chunlin Wan and Fengming Li
- Ch 5 China’s Trade and Opening since 1978: A Regional Perspective from the Northeast , pp 89-107
- Kiril Tochkov
- Ch 6 The “Take-off” of Chinese Economy: An Evolutionary Model of Reform and Open-up , pp 111-135
- Zhiming Fu, Antoine Le Riche, Antoine Parent and Lei Zhang
- Ch 7 New Evidence on the Impact of Institutions on Economic Development in China , pp 137-161
- Linda Glawe and Helmut Wagner
- Ch 8 Rise of Capitalism and Chinese Women’s Internal and Cross-Border Migrations 1980–2020: A Gender Study , pp 163-213
- Beatrice Zani
- Ch 9 Chinese Presence in Africa: A Panel Smooth Threshold Regression Approach , pp 217-255
- Ibrahim Nana
- Ch 10 Did Financial Reforms Improve Shanghai and Shenzhen Stock Markets Performance? , pp 257-299
- Marie-Eliette Dury and Bing Xiao
- Ch 11 China within World Networks of Equity Markets: Not So Atypical? , pp 301-331
- Cécile Bastidon and Antoine Parent
This item may be available elsewhere in EconPapers: Search for items with the same title.
Export reference: BibTeX
RIS (EndNote, ProCite, RefMan)
Persistent link: https://EconPapers.repec.org/RePEc:wsi:wsbook:q0331
Ordering information: This item can be ordered from
Access Statistics for this book
More books in World Scientific Books from World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.
Bibliographic data for series maintained by Tai Tone Lim ().