Details about Barton Hamilton
Access statistics for papers by Barton Hamilton.
Last updated 2018-06-14. Update your information in the RePEc Author Service.
Jump to Journal Articles
- Innovation and Diffusion of Medical Treatment
NBER Working Papers, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc
- Health, Human Capital and Domestic Violence
Working Papers, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group
Also in NBER Working Papers, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc (2016)
- Access, Utilization, and Equity in Canada and the U.S.: An Empirical Model of Physician Visits
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics
- Health, Risky Behaviour and the Value of Medical Innovation for Infectious Disease
Review of Economic Studies, 2016, 83, (4), 1465-1510 View citations (2)
- THE EFFECTS OF INSURANCE MANDATES ON CHOICES AND OUTCOMES IN INFERTILITY TREATMENT MARKETS
Health Economics, 2012, 21, (8), 994-1016 View citations (7)
- A preliminary analysis of the receipt of mental health services consistent with national standards among children in the child welfare system
American Journal of Public Health, 2010, 100, (4), 742-749 View citations (11)
- The Small Firm Effect and the Entrepreneurial Spawning of Scientists and Engineers
Management Science, 2010, 56, (4), 659-681 View citations (85)
- Employee choice of flexible spending account participation and health plan
Health Economics, 2008, 17, (7), 793-813 View citations (4)
- Learning, Private Information, and the Economic Evaluation of Randomized Experiments
Journal of Political Economy, 2006, 114, (6), 997-1040 View citations (14)
- New information technology systems and a Bayesian hierarchical bivariate probit model for profiling surgeon quality at a large hospital
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 2004, 44, (3), 410-429 View citations (3)
- Team Incentives and Worker Heterogeneity: An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of Teams on Productivity and Participation
Journal of Political Economy, 2003, 111, (3), 465-497 View citations (271)
- Semiparametric Bayes analysis of longitudinal data treatment models
Journal of Econometrics, 2002, 110, (1), 67-89 View citations (41)
- Estimating treatment effects in randomized clinical trials with non-compliance: the impact of maternal smoking on birthweight
Health Economics, 2001, 10, (5), 399-410 View citations (2)
- Bayesian analysis of cross-section and clustered data treatment models
Journal of Econometrics, 2000, 97, (1), 25-50 View citations (31)
- Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment
Journal of Political Economy, 2000, 108, (3), 604-631 View citations (588)
- Hospital mergers and acquisitions: does market consolidation harm patients?
Journal of Health Economics, 2000, 19, (5), 767-791 View citations (68)
- Queuing for Surgery: Is the U.S. or Canada Worse Off?
The Review of Economics and Statistics, 2000, 82, (2), 297-308 View citations (6)
- Estimating the elderly's returns on the farm: evidence from Cote d'Ivoire
Journal of Development Economics, 1999, 58, (2), 513-531 View citations (5)
- HMO selection and Medicare costs: Bayesian MCMC estimation of a robust panel data tobit model with survival
Health Economics, 1999, 8, (5), 403-414 View citations (2)
- The Impact of the NHS Reforms on Queues and Surgical Outcomes in England: Evidence from Hip Fracture Patients
Economic Journal, 1999, 109, (457), 437-62 View citations (13)
- Alcohol and Earnings: Does Drinking Yield a Wage Premium
Canadian Journal of Economics, 1997, 30, (1), 135-51 View citations (45)
- Estimating surgical volume-outcome relationships applying survival models: accounting for frailty and hospital fixed effects
Health Economics, 1997, 6, (4), 383-395 View citations (22)
- Racial discrimination and professional basketball salaries in the 1990s
Applied Economics, 1997, 29, (3), 287-296 View citations (20)
- Long-term employment relationships in the early twentieth century: Evidence from personnel data
Labour Economics, 1996, 3, (4), 357-383 View citations (1)
- Quits and Layoffs in Early Twentieth Century Labor Markets
Explorations in Economic History, 1996, 33, (3), 346-366 View citations (2)
- What are the costs of queuing for hip fracture surgery in Canada?
Journal of Health Economics, 1996, 15, (2), 161-185 View citations (8)
The links between different versions of a paper are constructed automatically by matching on the titles.
Please contact if a link is incorrect.
Use this form
to add links between versions where the titles do not match.