Details about Jacob A. Jordaan
Jacob A. Jordaan edits the NEP report on Development.
Access statistics for papers by Jacob A. Jordaan.
Last updated 2022-05-02. Update your information in the RePEc Author Service.
Jump to Journal Articles Chapters
- Foreign Direct Investment, Backward Linkages, and Productivity Spillovers
World Bank Publications - Reports, The World Bank Group
- Multinational Corporation Affiliates, Backward Linkages, and Productivity Spillovers in Developing and Emerging Economies: Evidence and Policy Making
Policy Research Working Paper Series, The World Bank View citations (2)
- Economic Complexity and Inequality: Does Productive Structure Affect Regional Wage Differentials in Brazil?
Working Papers, Utrecht School of Economics View citations (3)
- The domestic productivity effects of FDI in Greece: loca(lisa)tion matters!
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library View citations (3)
Also in GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe, Hellenic Observatory, LSE (2016) View citations (3)
- Foreign Direct Investment and Technology Transfers to Local Suppliers: Identifying the effects of type of ownership and the technology gap
ERSA conference papers, European Regional Science Association View citations (1)
- Regional Distribution and Spatial Impact of FDI in Greece: evidence from firm-level data
GreeSE – Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe, Hellenic Observatory, LSE View citations (7)
- The roles of KIBS and R&D in the industrial diversification of regions
The Annals of Regional Science, 2022, 68, (1), 29-64
- Biased FDI spillovers in incomplete datasets: An empirical examination
Review of Development Economics, 2021, 25, (2), 582-600
- Economic Complexity and Inequality: Does Regional Productive Structure Affect Income Inequality in Brazilian States?
Sustainability, 2021, 13, (2), 1-23 View citations (1)
- Growth: From microorganisms to megacities Smil, V.Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2019. 664+xxvpp., ISBN: 978‐0‐262‐04283‐3. USD 43.92 (hb)
Journal of Regional Science, 2021, 61, (3), 685-686
- Does Nature Contact in Prison Improve Well-Being? Mapping Land Cover to Identify the Effect of Greenspace on Self-Harm and Violence in Prisons in England and Wales
Annals of the American Association of Geographers, 2020, 111, (6), 1779-1795
- Entrepreneurial ecosystems, entrepreneurial activity and economic growth: new evidence from European regions
Regional Studies, 2020, 54, (8), 1007-1019 View citations (6)
- Post Materialism and Comparative Economic Development: Do Institutions Act as Transmission Channel?
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, 2020, 148, (2), 441-472 View citations (1)
- Does related variety foster regional entrepreneurship? Evidence from European regions
Regional Studies, 2019, 53, (11), 1531-1543 View citations (6)
- Foreign workers and productivity in an emerging economy: The case of Malaysia
Review of Development Economics, 2018, 22, (1), 148-173 View citations (2)
- Producer firms, technology diffusion and spillovers to local suppliers: Examining the effects of Foreign Direct Investment and the technology gap
Environment and Planning A, 2017, 49, (12), 2718-2738 View citations (3)
- USING GEODATA AND GEOLOCATION IN THE SOCIAL SCIENCES: MAPPING OUR CONNECTED WORLD, David Abernathy. London, U.K.: Sage Publishing, 2016. 344+xv. ISBN: 978-104739-0818-5. GBP27.99
Journal of Regional Science, 2017, 57, (4), 698-699
- Do societal values influence financial development? New evidence on the effects of post materialism and institutions on stock markets
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2016, 132, (PA), 197-216 View citations (3)
- Firm heterogeneity and technology transfers to local suppliers: Disentangling the effects of foreign ownership, technology gap and absorptive capacity
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, 2013, 22, (1), 75-102 View citations (5)
- Agglomeration and the location choice of foreign direct investment: new evidence from manufacturing FDI in Mexico
Estudios Económicos, 2012, 27, (1), 61-97 View citations (8)
- Regional growth in Mexico under trade liberalisation: how important are agglomeration and FDI?
The Annals of Regional Science, 2012, 48, (1), 179-202 View citations (12)
- Cross-sectional estimation of FDI spillovers when FDI is endogenous: OLS and IV estimates for Mexican manufacturing industries
Applied Economics, 2011, 43, (19), 2451-2463 View citations (9)
- FDI, Local Sourcing, and Supportive Linkages with Domestic Suppliers: The Case of Monterrey, Mexico
World Development, 2011, 39, (4), 620-632 View citations (27)
- Local Sourcing and Technology Spillovers to Mexican Suppliers: How Important are FDI and Supplier Characteristics?
Growth and Change, 2011, 42, (3), 287-319 View citations (7)
- Does FDI promote regional development? Evidence from local and regional productivity spillovers in Greece
Eastern Journal of European Studies, 2010, 1(2), 139-164 View citations (11)
- Intra- and Inter-industry Externalities from Foreign Direct Investment in the Mexican Manufacturing Sector: New Evidence from Mexican Regions
World Development, 2008, 36, (12), 2838-2854 View citations (40)
- Regional Foreign Participation and Externalities: New Empirical Evidence from Mexican Regions
Environment and Planning A, 2008, 40, (12), 2948-2969 View citations (6)
- State Characteristics and the Locational Choice of Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from Regional FDI in Mexico 1989–2006
Growth and Change, 2008, 39, (3), 389-413 View citations (12)
- Trade Liberalization and Location: Empirical Evidence for Mexican Manufacturing Industries
The Review of Regional Studies, 2006, 36, (3), 279-303 View citations (6)
- Determinants of FDI-induced externalities: New empirical evidence for Mexican manufacturing industries
World Development, 2005, 33, (12), 2103-2118 View citations (41)
- Location, localisation, agglomeration: an examination of the geographical dimension of FDI spillovers
Chapter 13 in Geography, Open Innovation and Entrepreneurship, 2018, pp 328-358 View citations (1)
The links between different versions of a paper are constructed automatically by matching on the titles.
Please contact if a link is incorrect.
Use this form
to add links between versions where the titles do not match.