Details about Michael Kevane
Access statistics for papers by Michael Kevane.
Last updated 2023-04-08. Update your information in the RePEc Author Service.
Jump to Journal Articles
- Freedom, Servitude and Voluntary Contract
Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College, Hunter College Department of Economics View citations (1)
- Are Investments in Daughters Lower When Daughters Move Away?
Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley View citations (28)
Also in Development and Comp Systems, University Library of Munich, Germany (2003) View citations (13)
- Changing Status of Daughters in Indonesia
Development and Comp Systems, University Library of Munich, Germany View citations (9)
Also in Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley (2003) View citations (17)
Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley (2000) View citations (8)
- Why isn't there more Financial Intermediation in Developing Countries?
Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College, Hunter College Department of Economics View citations (6)
Also in WIDER Working Paper Series, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) (2002) View citations (3)
- Community based targeting mechanisms for social safety nets
Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes, The World Bank View citations (17)
- Community Based Targeting for Social Safety Nets
Department of Economics Working Papers, Department of Economics, Williams College View citations (4)
- Effects of education on political engagement in rural Burkina Faso
World Development, 2023, 165, (C)
- The effects of an “urban village” planning and zoning strategy in San Jose, California
Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2021, 88, (C)
- Reading Fiction and Economic Preferences of Rural Youth in Burkina Faso
Economic Development and Cultural Change, 2020, 68, (3), 1041 - 1079
- Book Review: Stein T. Holden, Keijiro Otsuka, and Frank M. Place, eds. The Emergence of Land Markets in Africa: Impacts on Poverty, Equity and Efficiency. Washington, DC: Resources for the Future, 2009. Pp. xiv+320. $90.00 (cloth)
Economic Development and Cultural Change, 2011, 59, (3), 686 - 689
- Are Investments in Daughters Lower when Daughters Move Away? Evidence from Indonesia
World Development, 2003, 31, (6), 1065-1084 View citations (26)
- Community-Based Targeting Mechanisms for Social Safety Nets: A Critical Review
World Development, 2002, 30, (3), 375-394 View citations (126)
- Improving Design and Performance of Group Lending: Suggestions from Burkina Faso
World Development, 2002, 30, (11), 2017-2032 View citations (6)
- Bardhan, Pranab, and Christopher Udry. Development Microeconomics. Oxford UK: Oxford University Press, 1999, 242 pp., $21.95
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 2001, 83, (2), 479-480
- Evolving Tenure Rights and Agricultural Intensification in Southwestern Burkina Faso
World Development, 2001, 29, (4), 573-587 View citations (37)
- Microenterprise Lending to Female Entrepreneurs: Sacrificing Economic Growth for Poverty Alleviation?
World Development, 2001, 29, (7), 1225-1236 View citations (106)
- Social Norms and the Time Allocation of Women’s Labor in Burkina Faso
Review of Development Economics, 2001, 5, (1), 119-129 View citations (5)
- A Woman's Field Is Made At Night: Gendered Land Rights And Norms In Burkina Faso
Feminist Economics, 1999, 5, (3), 1-26 View citations (25)
- Agrarian Structure and Agricultural Practice: Typology and Application to Western Sudan
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 1996, 78, (1), 236-245 View citations (68)
- Village labor markets in Sheikan district, Sudan
World Development, 1994, 22, (6), 839-857 View citations (8)
- For Whom is the Rural Economy Resilient? Initial Effects of Drought in Western Sudan
Development and Change, 1993, 24, (1), 159-176
The links between different versions of a paper are constructed automatically by matching on the titles.
Please contact if a link is incorrect.
Use this form
to add links between versions where the titles do not match.