Perspectives on User Innovation
Edited by Stephen Flowers and
in World Scientific Books from World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.
There has been a dramatic shift towards more open, democratised, forms of innovation that are driven by networks of individual users. Users are now visibly active within all stages of the innovation process and across many types of industrial output, and their influence is spreading across many sectors. They are actively engaged with firms in the co-creation of products and services, and firms can no longer control the innovation agenda. This developing phenomenon has large implications for our understanding of the management of innovation.
Keywords: User-Driven; Innovation; New Product Development; STS; Social Learning; Collaborative Online Tools (search for similar items in EconPapers)
References: Add references at CitEc
Citations: Track citations by RSS feed
Downloads: (external link)
Ebook Access is available upon purchase
Chapters in this book:
- Ch 1 INTRODUCTION: PERSPECTIVES ON USER INNOVATION , pp 1-8
- Stephen Flowers and Flis Henwood
- Ch 2 THE HISTORICAL CONSTRUCTION OF USER INNOVATION , pp 11-33
- Georgina Voss
- Ch 3 THE DYNAMICS OF USER INNOVATION: DRIVERS AND IMPEDIMENTS OF INNOVATION ACTIVITIES , pp 35-56
- Christina Raasch, Cornelius Herstatt and Phillip Lock
- Ch 4 INTERMEDIARIES, USERS AND SOCIAL LEARNING IN TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVASION , pp 57-87
- James Stewart and Sampsa Hyysalo
- Ch 5 USER-CENTRIC INNOVATIONS IN NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT — SYSTEMATIC IDENTIFICATION OF LEAD USERS HARNESSING INTERACTIVE AND COLLABORATIVE ONLINE-TOOLS , pp 91-129
- Volker Bilgram, Alexander Brem and Kai-Ingo Voigt
- Ch 6 PROACTIVE INVOLVEMENT OF CONSUMERS IN INNOVATION: SELECTING APPROPRIATE TECHNIQUES , pp 131-160
- Karen L. Janssen and Ben Dankbaar
- Ch 7 USER-PRODUCER INTERACTIONS IN EMERGING PHARMACEUTICAL AND FOOD INNOVATIONS , pp 161-188
- E. H. M. Moors, W. P. C. Boon, Richard Nahuis and R. L. J. Vandeberg
- Ch 8 OUTLAW COMMUNITY INNOVATIONS , pp 191-210
- Celine Schulz and Stefan Wagner
- Ch 9 USER INNOVATION: THE DEVELOPING POLICY RESEARCH AGENDA , pp 211-227
- Stephen Flowers
- Ch 10 THE FREEDOM-FIGHTERS: HOW INCUMBENT CORPORATIONS ARE ATTEMPTING TO CONTROL USER-INNOVATION , pp 229-258
- Viktor Braun and Cornelius Herstatt
This item may be available elsewhere in EconPapers: Search for items with the same title.
Export reference: BibTeX
RIS (EndNote, ProCite, RefMan)
Persistent link: https://EconPapers.repec.org/RePEc:wsi:wsbook:p778
Ordering information: This item can be ordered from
Access Statistics for this book
More books in World Scientific Books from World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd.
Bibliographic data for series maintained by Tai Tone Lim ().