Forum for Health Economics & Policy
1998 - 2018
Current editor(s): Dana Goldman
From De Gruyter
Bibliographic data for series maintained by Peter Golla ().
Access Statistics for this journal.
Track citations for all items by RSS feed
Is something missing from the series or not right? See the RePEc data check for the archive and series.
Volume 21, issue 1, 2018
- The Option Value of Innovative Treatments for Metastatic Melanoma pp. 10
- Thornton Snider Julia, Seabury Seth, Tebeka Mahlet Gizaw, Wu Yanyu and Batt Katharine
- The Value of the Health and Retirement Study for Health Economics Research pp. 11
- Courtney Coile and Maestas Nicole
- Disability Measurement in the Health and Retirement Study pp. 14
- Agree Emily M. and Wolf Douglas A.
Volume 20, issue 2, 2017
- Using the Health and Retirement Study for Disability Policy Research: A Review pp. 12
- Schimmel Hyde Jody and Stapleton David C.
- The Accuracy of Economic Measurement in the Health and Retirement Study pp. 16
- Eric French, John Jones and Jeremy McCauley
- The Price Elasticity of Specialty Drug Use: Evidence from Cancer Patients in Medicare Part D pp. 19
- Jung Jeah, Feldman Roger D. and McBean Marshall
- The Long-Term Impact of Price Controls in Medicare Part D pp. 56
- Moreno Gigi, Emma van Eijndhoven, Benner Jennifer and Sullivan Jeffrey
Volume 20, issue 1, 2017
- The Share Price Effect of CVS Health’s Announcement to Stop Selling Tobacco: A Comparative Case Study Using Synthetic Controls pp. 13
- Martin Andersen and Sebastian Bauhoff
- The Effect of the Health Insurance Mandate on Labor Market Activity and Time Allocation: Evidence from the Federal Dependent Coverage Provision pp. 17
- Lenhart Otto and Shrestha Vinish
- The Impact of Pharmaceutical Innovation on Cancer Mortality in Belgium, 2004–2012 pp. 28
- Frank Lichtenberg
Volume 19, issue 2, 2016
- Public Provision and Cross-Border Health Care pp. 157-177
- Granlund David and Wikström Magnus
- Physician Self-Referral of Physical Therapy Services for Patients with Low Back Pain: Implications for Use, Types of Treatments Received and Expenditures pp. 179-199
- Mitchell Jean M., Reschovsky James D., Franzini Luisa and Reicherter Elizabeth Anne
- The ACA: Impacts on Health, Access, and Employment pp. 201-259
- Serakos Maria and Barbara Wolfe
- Estimating Regression-Based Medical Care Expenditure Indexes for Medicare Advantage Enrollees pp. 261-297
- Hall Anne E.
- Evidence of Inefficiencies in Practice Patterns: Regional Variation in Medicare Medical and Drug Spending pp. 299-331
- Melinda Buntin and Hayford Tamara
- The Impact of Delayed Hepatitis C Viral Load Suppression on Patient Risk: Historical Evidence from the Veterans Administration pp. 333-351
- Matsuda Tara, McCombs Jeffrey S., McGinnis Justin, Tonnu-Mihara Ivy and Fox D. Steven
Volume 19, issue 1, 2016
- Salience and Health Campaigns pp. 1-22
- Markus Dertwinkel-Kalt
- Demand-Side Factors Associated with the Purchase of Long-Term Care Insurance pp. 23-43
- Unruh Mark A., Stevenson David G., Frank Richard G., Cohen Marc A. and Grabowski David C.
- Competitive Spillovers and Regulatory Exploitation by Skilled Nursing Facilities pp. 45-70
- John Bowblis, Brunt Christopher S. and Grabowski David C.
- Returns to Society from Investment in Cancer Research and Development pp. 71-86
- Chandra Amitabh, MacEwan Joanna P., Campinha-Bacote Avrita and Khan Zeba M.
- How Effective is Population-Based Cancer Screening? Regression Discontinuity Estimates from the US Guideline Screening Initiation Ages pp. 87-139
- Kadiyala Srikanth and Erin Strumpf
- Quantifying Gains in the War on Cancer Due to Improved Treatment and Earlier Detection pp. 141-156
- Seth Seabury, Dana Goldman, Darius Lakdawalla, Gupta Charu N., Khan Zeba M., Chandra Amitabh and Philipson Tomas J.
Volume 18, issue 2, 2015
- Health and Health Care of Medicare Beneficiaries in 2030 pp. 75-96
- Etienne Gaudette, Bryan Tysinger, Dana Goldman and Cassil Alwyn
- Trends in the Well-Being of the Aged and Their Prospects through 2030 pp. 97-118
- Gary Burtless
- The Transformation of Medicare, 2015 to 2030 pp. 119-136
- Henry Aaron and Reischauer Robert
- Revamping Provider Payment in Medicare pp. 137-149
- Ginsburg Paul B. and Wilensky Gail R.
- Could Improving Choice and Competition in Medicare Advantage be the Future of Medicare? pp. 151-168
- Rivlin Alice M. and Daniel Willem
Volume 18, issue 1, 2015
- Long-Term Effects of Tobacco Prices Faced by Adolescents pp. 1-24
- Auld M. Christopher and Zarrabi Mahmood
- The Value of Delaying Alzheimer’s Disease Onset pp. 25-39
- Julie Zissimopoulos, Crimmins Eileen and St.Clair Patricia
- Sex-selective Abortion Bans are Not Associated with Changes in Sex Ratios at Birth among Asian Populations in Illinois and Pennsylvania pp. 41-64
- Nandi Arindam, Kalantry Sital and Citro Brian
- Public-Private Partnership as a Path to Affordable Healthcare in Emerging Markets pp. 65-74
- Chou Jacquelyn W., Darius Lakdawalla and Vanderpuye-Orgle Jacqueline
Volume 17, issue 2, 2014
- Patient Outcomes and Cost Effects of Medicaid Formulary Restrictions on Antidepressants pp. 16
- Seth Seabury, Darius Lakdawalla, Dana Goldman, Walter Deborah, Hayes John, Gustafson Thomas and Shrestha Anshu
- Can Oral Nutritional Supplements Improve Medicare Patient Outcomes in the Hospital? pp. 21
- Darius Lakdawalla, Snider Julia Thornton, Linthicum Mark T., Perlroth Daniella J., LaVallee Chris, Philipson Tomas J., Partridge Jamie S. and Wischmeyer Paul E.
- The Effects of Smoking Cessation on Weight Gain: New Evidence Using Workplace Smoking Bans pp. 25
- Jason Fletcher
- Retail Tobacco Display Bans pp. 27
- Ian Irvine and Nguyen Van Hai
Volume 17, issue 1, 2014
- The Crowd, the Cloud and Improving the Future of Medical Device Innovation pp. 8
- Huesch Marco and Szczerba Robert
- A Note on Income Effects and Health Care Cost Growth in Medicare pp. 12
- McGuire Thomas G.
- Medicare Reimbursement Reform for Provider Visits and Health Outcomes in Patients on Hemodialysis pp. 25
- Erickson Kevin F., Winkelmayer Wolfgang C., Chertow Glenn M. and Bhattacharya Jay
- Employment and Adverse Selection in Health Insurance pp. 26
- Bhattacharya Jayanta and Vogt William B.
- A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Using Evidence of Effectiveness in Terms of Progression Free Survival in Making Reimbursement Decisions on New Cancer Therapies pp. 32
- Stevens Warren, Philipson Tomas, Wu Yanyu, Chen Connie and Darius Lakdawalla
Volume 16, issue 2, 2013
- Economics of Personalized Health Care and Prevention: IntroductionThis introduction represents the personal views of the authors only and not the official policy of the National Institutes of Health or its component institutes pp. S1-S11
- Bloss Gregory and Haaga John G.
- Opportunities in the Economics of Personalized Health Care and Prevention pp. 47-56
- Meltzer David O.
- Economic Perspectives on Personalized Health Care and Prevention pp. 57-86
- Phillips Kathryn A., Sakowski Julie Ann, Liang Su-Ying and Ponce Ninez A.
- The Economics of Personalization in Prevention and Public Health pp. 87-105
- Donald Kenkel and Wang Hua
- Personalized Medicine in the Context of Comparative Effectiveness Research pp. 107-120
- Anirban Basu
- The Value of Diagnostic Testing in Personalized Medicine pp. 121-133
- Dana Goldman, Darius Lakdawalla, Neeraj Sood, Gupta Charu, Vasudeva Eshan, Trakas Kostas, Riley Ralph, Agus David, Jena Anupam B. and Philipson Tomas J.
Volume 16, issue 1, 2013
- The Effect of Pharmaceutical Innovation on Longevity: Patient Level Evidence from the 1996–2002 Medical Expenditure Panel Survey and Linked Mortality Public-use Files pp. 1-33
- Frank Lichtenberg
- Integrating Patient Incentives with Episode-Based Payment pp. 14
- Helmchen Lorens A., Encinosa William E., Chernew Michael E. and Hirth Richard A.
- Price Shopping in Consumer-Directed Health Plans pp. 19
- Neeraj Sood, Wagner Zachary, Huckfeldt Peter and Haviland Amelia M.
- Quantifying the Value of Personalized Medicines: Evidence from COX-2 Inhibitors pp. 22
- Neeraj Sood, Philipson Tomas J. and Huckfeldt Peter
- Measuring the Financial Exposure from Medical Care Spending Among Families with Employer Sponsored Insurance pp. 25
- Abraham Jean M., Anne Royalty and Thomas DeLeire
- Better Quality of Care or Healthier Patients? Hospital Utilization by Medicare Advantage and Fee-for-Service Enrollees pp. 25
- Lauren Nicholas
- The Effect of Comprehensive Smoking Bans in European Workplaces pp. 27
- Federica Origo and Claudio Lucifora
- Should Global Health be Tailored Toward the Rich? Altruism and Efficient R&D for Neglected Diseases pp. 36
- Jena Anupam B., Stéphane Mechoulan and Philipson Tomas J.
- Why are Testing Rates so Low in Sub-Saharan Africa? Misconceptions and Strategic Behaviors pp. 39
- Olivier Sterck