Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports
2005 - 2021
Current editor(s): Mark Glickman
From De Gruyter
Bibliographic data for series maintained by Peter Golla ().
Access Statistics for this journal.
Track citations for all items by RSS feed
Is something missing from the series or not right? See the RePEc data check for the archive and series.
Volume 17, issue 1, 2021
- Does confirmation bias exist in judged events at the Olympic Games? pp. 1-10
- Hilmer Christiana and Hilmer Michael John
- Smart kills and worthless deaths: eSports analytics for League of Legends pp. 11-27
- Maymin Philip Z.
- Measuring competitive balance in sports pp. 29-46
- Doria Matthew and Nalebuff Barry
- Swing shift: a mathematical approach to defensive positioning in baseball pp. 47-55
- Bouzarth Elizabeth, Harris John, Hartley Andrew, Hutson Kevin, Morton Ella and Grannan Benjamin
- A contextual analysis of crossing the ball in soccer pp. 57-66
- Wu Lucas Y., Danielson Aaron J., Hu X. Joan and Swartz Tim B.
- A Variance Gamma model for Rugby Union matches pp. 67-75
- Fry John, Smart Oliver, Serbera Jean-Philippe and Klar Bernhard
Volume 16, issue 4, 2020
- Measuring spatial allocative efficiency in basketball pp. 271-289
- Sandholtz Nathan, Mortensen Jacob and Bornn Luke
- Restoring the real world records in Men’s swimming without high-tech swimsuits pp. 291-300
- Gao Zhenyu, Li Yixing and Wang Zhengxin
- Foul accumulation in the NBA pp. 301-309
- Chu Dani and Swartz Tim B.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of different network flow motifs in association football pp. 311-323
- Håland Else Marie, Wiig Astrid Salte, Stålhane Magnus and Hvattum Lars Magnus
- A Bayesian adjusted plus-minus analysis for the esport Dota 2 pp. 325-341
- Clark Nicholas, Macdonald Brian and Kloo Ian
- Corrigendum to: Offensive or defensive play in soccer: a game-theoretical approach pp. 343-343
- Gambarelli Daniele, Gambarelli Gianfranco and Goossens Dries
Volume 16, issue 3, 2020
- Functional ratings in sports pp. 183-191
- Lowery Brad, Slater Abigail and Thies Kaison
- Profiting from overreaction in soccer betting odds pp. 193-209
- Wheatcroft Edward
- Understanding draws in Elo rating algorithm pp. 211-220
- Szczecinski Leszek and Djebbi Aymen
- Modeling time loss from sports-related injuries using random effects models: an illustration using soccer-related injury observations pp. 221-235
- Chandran Avinash, DiPietro Loretta, Young Heather and Elmi Angelo
- The relative roles of skill and luck within 11 different golfer populations pp. 237-254
- Rendleman Jr. Richard J.
- A parametric family of Massey-type methods: inference, prediction, and sensitivity pp. 255-269
- Bozzo Enrico, Franceschet Massimo and Vidoni Paolo
Volume 16, issue 2, 2020
- Bigger data, better questions, and a return to fourth down behavior: an introduction to a special issue on tracking datain the National football League pp. 73-79
- Lopez Michael J.
- What will we unlearn next? The implications of Lopez (2020) pp. 81-83
- Ventura Samuel L.
- Expected hypothetical completion probability pp. 85-94
- Deshpande Sameer K. and Evans Katherine
- Extracting NFL tracking data from images to evaluate quarterbacks and pass defenses pp. 95-120
- Mallepalle Sarah, Yurko Ronald, Ventura Samuel L. and Pelechrinis Konstantinos
- Route identification in the National Football League: An application of model-based curve clustering using the EM algorithm pp. 121-132
- Chu Dani, Reyers Matthew, Thomson James and Wu Lucas Yifan
- Template matching route classification pp. 133-142
- Kinney Mitchell
- Unsupervised methods for identifying pass coverage among defensive backs with NFL player tracking data pp. 143-161
- Dutta Rishav, Yurko Ronald and Ventura Samuel L.
- Going deep: models for continuous-time within-play valuation of game outcomes in American football with tracking data pp. 163-182
- Yurko Ronald, Matano Francesca, Richardson Lee F., Pospisil Taylor, Ventura Samuel L., Granered Nicholas and Pelechrinis Konstantinos
Volume 16, issue 1, 2020
- Models for generating NCAA men’s basketball tournament bracket pools pp. 1-15
- Ludden Ian G., Jacobson Sheldon H., Khatibi Arash and King Douglas M.
- Longevity differences in the tenures of American and foreign Major League Soccer managers pp. 17-26
- Gilfix Zach, Meyerson James and Addona Vittorio
- An exploration of predictive football modelling pp. 27-39
- Pearson Mitchell, Jr Glen Livingston and King Robert
- Generalized model for scores in volleyball matches pp. 41-55
- Gonzalez-Cabrera Ivan, Herrera Diego Dario and González Diego Luis
- Shot-by-shot stochastic modeling of individual tennis points pp. 57-71
- Floyd Calvin Michael, Hoffman Matthew and Fokoue Ernest
Volume 15, issue 4, 2019
- Offensive or defensive play in soccer: a game-theoretical approach pp. 261-269
- Gambarelli Daniele, Gambarelli Gianfranco and Goossens Dries
- A hybrid random forest to predict soccer matches in international tournaments pp. 271-287
- Groll Andreas, Ley Cristophe, Hans Van Eetvelde and Schauberger Gunther
- Bayesian statistics meets sports: a comprehensive review pp. 289-312
- Santos-Fernandez Edgar, Wu Paul and Mengersen Kerrie L.
- A point-based Bayesian hierarchical model to predict the outcome of tennis matches pp. 313-325
- Ingram Martin
- Using a Markov decision process to model the value of the sacrifice bunt pp. 327-344
- Hirotsu Nobuyoshi and Bickel J. Eric
- Combinatorial models of cross-country dual meets: what is a big victory? pp. 345-356
- Riedel Kurt S.
Volume 15, issue 3, 2019
- nflWAR: a reproducible method for offensive player evaluation in football pp. 163-183
- Yurko Ronald, Ventura Samuel and Horowitz Maksim
- Relative age effects in American professional football pp. 185-202
- Heneghan Jack F. and Herron Michael C.
- Optimal shot selection strategies for the NBA pp. 203-211
- Fichman Mark and O’Brien John Robert
- The relative wages of offense and defense in the NBA: a setting for win-maximization arbitrage? pp. 213-224
- Ehrlich Justin, Sanders Shane and Christopher Boudreaux
- Ludometrics: luck, and how to measure it pp. 225-237
- Gilbert Daniel E. and Wells Martin T.
- Competitive balance with unbalanced schedules pp. 239-260
- Young Hoon Lee, Kim Yongdai and Kim Sara
Volume 15, issue 2, 2019
- Rao-Blackwellizing field goal percentage pp. 85-95
- Daly-Grafstein Daniel and Bornn Luke
- Measuring soccer players’ contributions to chance creation by valuing their passes pp. 97-116
- Bransen Lotte, Jan Van Haaren and Michel van de Velden
- Six-day footraces in the post-pedestrianism era pp. 117-127
- Salvesen Greg
- Seeding the UEFA Champions League participants: evaluation of the reforms pp. 129-140
- Dmitry Dagaev and Rudyak Vladimir Yu.
- Automatic event detection in basketball using HMM with energy based defensive assignment pp. 141-153
- Keshri Suraj, Oh Min-hwan, Iyengar Garud and Zhang Sheng
- A characterization of the degree of weak and strong links in doubles sports pp. 155-162
- Gill Paramjit S. and Swartz Tim B.
Volume 15, issue 1, 2019
- The advantage of lefties in one-on-one sports pp. 1-25
- Fagan Francois, Haugh Martin and Cooper Hal
- A mathematical optimization framework for expansion draft decision making and analysis pp. 27-40
- Booth Kyle E. C., Chan Timothy C. Y. and Shalaby Yusuf
- Analysis of a constructive matheuristic for the traveling umpire problem pp. 41-57
- Chandrasekharan Reshma Chirayil, Toffolo Túlio A.M. and Wauters Tony
- A Bayesian method for computing intrinsic pitch values using kernel density and nonparametric regression estimates pp. 59-74
- Healey Glenn
- The probabilities of winning a racquetball doubles match motivate a fairer side-out scoring scheme for singles and team events pp. 75-84
- Peters James E. and Peters Christopher J.